Notice of discontinuation can be given as follows:

  • Students may cancel/discontinue modules themselves on the PeopleSoft self-service ( page, throughout the year of registration, except during examination periods (the system will be closed from the day the semester marks are published until the end of the examination period). Please consult your academic advisor before making any changes on your registration.
  • Please consult your academic advisor before making any changes on your registration.

NB:Year modules are registered under the first semester and must consequently be cancelled/discontinued under the first semester.


Minimum cost: In the event that a student cancel his/her study before the last date for cancellation, the student will be held liable for a minimum amount payable (for more information please refer to

  • Social Work students must contact the Department of Social Work before giving notice of cancellation.
  • Nursing students must contact the School of Nursing before giving notice of cancellation.
  • Students who reside in a campus residence must cancel their accommodation with the Department of Housing and Residence Affairs.

Address or contact detail changes
It is the student's responsibility to inform the university about any change of address or contact details.

Cancellation of residence accommodation
In the case of a student to whom a place in a UFS residence has been allocated, confirmation of their complete cancellation of study must also be provided to Housing and Residence Affairs: Room 121, President Steyn Annex, Bloemfontein Campus.

Back to Main Page

Registration Quick Links

The links below will help you navigate through the information pertaining to the 2021 Registration process.

We use cookies to make interactions with our websites and services easy and meaningful, to better understand how they are used and to tailor advertising. You can read more and make your cookie choices here. By continuing to use this site you are giving us your consent to do this.