Latest News Archive

Please select Category, Year, and then Month to display items
2017 2018 2019 2020
Previous Archive
31 August 2018
Application for 2019 NSFAS funding now open

Government has set up the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to provide students with financial assistance to cover the cost for registration and tuition and to provide them with allowances for books, food, transport, and accommodation.

Students may apply if they comply with the following criteria:

• You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 or less, you are registered at this institution, and have not been approved for NSFAS funding in 2018
• You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 or less, you are registered at this institution, but have not applied for NSFAS funding before
• You are a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 or less and you plan to study at a public university or TVET College in 2019 and require funding

Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:

• Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
• ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
• Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
A completed and signed consent form must be filled in with your parent’s/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete
• If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A, complete it, and submit it with your application

NB: The stamp on all certified documents should not be older than three months

You have already applied for 2019 on and have an application reference number.

You already have NSFAS funding for 2018.

You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree other than the postgraduate qualifications listed below, which you may apply for: 

• BTech – Architecture/Architectural Technology 
• BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
• BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
• BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
• BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
• Postgraduate Certificate in Education
• Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
Applicants may make use of the computer lab on campus to apply and may also contact the Financial Aid office on campus for assistance with their 2019 applications.

You may call the NSFAS Contact Centre on 08 000 67327

News Archive

We use cookies to make interactions with our websites and services easy and meaningful. To better understand how they are used, read more about the UFS cookie policy. By continuing to use this site you are giving us your consent to do this.